5 days Lhasa Tour
Lhasa 4 nights and 5 days tour starts after the Kathmandu to Lhasa flight and visits the major places of Lhasa city in Tibet. It is a short journey to the ancient Tibetan capital of Lhasa to appreciate its rich cultural history. We include visits to the Jokhang, the Norbulingka (the Summer Palace of the Dalai Lama), and the famous Potala Palace with side trips to the nearby monasteries of Drepung, Sera or Tsurpu.
Three days of tour in Tibet are scheduled in Lhasa to appreciate its rich cultural history. It is one of the best packages to know the Tibetan culture. The best time for Lhasa tour is from March to June and September to December.
ITINERARY - 4 NIGHTS/ 5 DAYS
Day 01 (Tue):
Kathmandu / Lhasa (KTM is 1200m above sea level, Lhasa is 3650m. So it needs some time to acclimatize the altitude.)
Day 02 (wed):
Sera monastery; Jokhang temple & Barkhor Street (Sera is the second biggest Gelupa Monastery in the north suburb of Lhasa, which was built in 1419 by Tsongapa¡¯s disciple¡ªSakya-yeshi. Situated at the heart of the oldest section of the Lhasa city,Jokhang, one of the oldest temples in Tibet, was built in the 7th century by the 33rd king¡ªSontsanganbu. Barkor is the middle pilgrimage circuit around Jokhang temple.)
Day 03 (Thu):
Potala palace; Norbulingka (Potala was the winter palace of the Dalailama, which was originally built in the 7th century by the king Sotsen Gampo and rebuilt to the present size by the 5th Dalai lama in the 17th century. Built in the mid-18th century by the 7th Dalailama, Norbulingka, the Jewel Park was the Dalai lama¡¯s summer palace, it covers 100 acres with palaces, pavilions and a zoo.
Day 04 (Fri):
Drepung monastery; Tibetan Hospital & Nunnery Built in1416 by Tsongapa¡¯s disciple¡ªJamyang-choje, Drepung Monastery is the biggest Gelupa monastery in the west suburb of Lhasa. Tibetan Hospital is located in front of the Jokhang temple. Nunnery is just 1 km south to Jokhang temple with about 100 nuns.
Day 05 (Sat):
Lhasa / Kathmandu.
- Airports picks up and drop by private Car/Van.
- All the necessary documents and Tibet entry Visa.
- The entire entrance fee while you visit monuments in Tibet and Nepal.
- All the accommodation in Tibet with Bed and Breakfast.
- Ground transportation by 4WD Land curser.
- Tibetan English speaking guide during Tibet tour.
Price not Included
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.Your travel insurance.
- Your personal equipments.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu and tour in Tibet.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide and driver.
- Anything not mentioned above
COST: Please email/contact us because we need to know the number of people, standard of hotel so that we can give you special price.