6 days Tibet Lhasa Tour
This 5 Night 6 Day fly in / fly out Lhasa Tour is one of our popular itineraries designed for your Tibet visit. Lhasa, the capital city of the Tibet Autonomous Region is a historically worthy city dated back to more than 1300 years in the history of Tibet. Lhasa is located at an altitude of 3650 meters above sea level. It has been the hub of politics, economy, culture and religion in Tibet.
ITINERARY - 5 NIGHTS/ 6 DAYS
Day 01: Arrival at Lhasa
Kathmandu / Tsedang. Tsedang hotel (Tsedang, the cradle of Tibetan, is 100KM away from the airport and 3500m above sea level.)
Day 02: Tour
The tomb of the king; Yumbulakhang & Chamdrok. Tsedang hotel (The king¡¯s tomb is 70KM from Tsedang town in the Chonje valley. Yombulakhang, the first palace for the first king in Tibetan history, is 15KM away from Tsedang town. The mountain slope palace was originally built in the second century B.C, but the replica was rebuilt in the 1980s. Built in the 7th century by the king Sontsan Gambu, Chamdrok is one of the oldest temples in Tibet, 4KM away from the Tsedang hotel.)
Day 03: Tour
Drive to Lhasa via Samye monastery (It takes about one and half hours to reach Samye monastery by crossing the YarlungTsampo River on a ferry. Built in the 8th century by an Indian Buddhist master¡ªPadhamsambhava, Samye monastery was designed on the plan of Odantpuri temple, covering a total of 25000 square meters of land.)
Day 04: Tour
Sera monastery; Jokhang temple & Barkhor Street (Sera is the second biggest Gelupa Monastery in the north suburb of Lhasa, which was built in 1419 by Tsongapa¡¯s disciple¡ªSakya-yeshi. Situated at the heart of the oldest section of the Lhasa city, Jokhang, one of the oldest temples in Tibet, was built in the 7th century by the 33rd king¡ªSontsanganbu. Barkor is the middle pilgrimage circuit around Jokhang temple.)
Day 05: Tour
Potala palace; Drepung monastery & Norbulingka (Potala was the winter palace of the Dalailama, which was originally built in the 7th century by the king Sotsen Gampo and rebuilt to the present size by the 5th Dalailama in the 17th century. Built in 1416 by Tsongapa¡¯s disciple¡ªJamyang-choje, Drepung Monastery is the biggest Gelupa monastery in the west suburb of Lhasa. Built in the mid-18th century by the 7th Dalailama, Norbulingka, the Jewel Park was the Dalailama¡¯s summer palace, it covers 100 acres with palaces, pavilions and a zoo.
Day 06: Lhasa / Kathmandu.
Morning departure to airport for next destination
- Airports picks up and drop by private Car/Van.
- All the necessary documents and Tibet entry Visa.
- The entire entrance fee while you visit monuments in Tibet and Nepal.
- All the accommodation in Tibet with Bed and Breakfast.
- Ground transportation by 4WD Land curser.
- Tibetan English speaking guide during Tibet tour.
Price not Included
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.Your travel insurance.
- Your personal equipments.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu and tour in Tibet.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide and driver.
- Anything not mentioned above
COST: Please emai/contact us for price details because cost always depand on the standard of hotel, number of people.