Sunkoshi River (9 Days)
Trill in Sunkoshi River Rafting Trip
We travel by surface to Dolalghat your raft 'put-in-point' covering the distance of 57kms in about 3 hrs. Your excitement starts and ends only after you covered 210kms of wild stretches, calm flows through high rock strewn passages eventually emerging form the mountains to the flat plains of southern Nepal.
One of the 10th classic and best white water journeys on Sunkoshi (river of gold) is in Nepal offers a longest river trip and the most fascinating among the few rivers, which flow down from snow-capped mountains. Big rapes, warm water, beautiful scenery and great camping makes this is a classic multi-day river trip. There will be a great trip for intermediate and advanced kayakers. At its best in medium to high flows. This enchanting river expedition of 9 days will definitely be the highlight of you visit to Nepal, its memory shall last for ever and ever . Sunkoshi is an unpredictable river, it has its own moods, serene, calm and tranquil one moment, wile and turbulent the next, always changing, always challenging, the ultimate in the river adventure. So, Sun Koshi is famous in rafting circles, and with good reason.
With in a short span or 9 days, you come in close contact with Nepal's natural beauty, people, culture, wildlife and its rivers, its simply magic, an experience you shall be glad you took. En route to the Chatara you come across many ethnic groups, each unique and colorful as relatively more Rais, Limbus and Newar are seen in this area. In this trip you have 250 different species of orchids to look for. River chats, dippers, flycatcher, wall creepers, bulbuls, fork tales are a few of the almost 400 species of birds available around the basin.
There are few more tributary of Sun Koshi as Rosi Khola, Junga Khola, Tamakoshi (Copper River), Dudh Koshi (Milk River), Rasuwa Khola. Tribenighat from where the Arun and Tamur join the Sunkoshi to form the giant Saptakoshi, which flows through Mahabharat range onto the Gangetic plain.
There are numerous (abundant) rapids such as Meat Grinder, Punch, and High Anxiety etc. Scaled from 3-8 will eventually emerges into the low land of Terai at Chatara. After 45-minute drive from Chatara you arrive in Dharan, which use to be British Gurkha Army recruiting center in Nepal for decades. Now you have several options as you can Drive to Biratnagar and take a flight to Kathmandu or drive to Chitwan National Park or Koshi Tappu for an excellent safari trip or drive back to Kathmandu.
Short Itinerary: - 8 Nights/ 9 Days
Day 01:Three hour's bus drives to Dolalghat and prepares for rafting. Camp at sandy beach.
Day 02: Run class 3 rapids and camp nearby Ratemate.
Day 03: Rafting about 4 hours with class 3 rapids and camp nearby Harkapur.
Day 04: Rafting about 4 ½ hours with class 4/5 rapids and camp.
Day 05: Rafting around 4 hours with class 4 rapids and camp near Rasuaghat.
Day 06: Rafting on whitewater class 4 rapids and camp on sandy beach.
Day 07: Raft about 4 hours through "Bigdipper" and camp below rapid.
Day 08: Rafting about 2 hours till Chatara. After lunch drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 09: Arrive Kathmandu.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Safety Kayak
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Company T-Shirt
Cost not Included
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Airfare (Kathmandu-Biratnagar-Kathmandu
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night)
Please bring: -
- swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
Trip cost : US$ 1050 per person, if you have above 6 + people cost will be cheaper.